Kathryn,

Most likely, the error occurs in your EAD template.  It seems that you are
using the NCEAD toolkit, which utilizes NoteTab.  If you are using NoteTab,
go to "File" --> "Template" --> "Edit" and then select the proper .tpl
file.  (If you are unsure, you can right-click the "Create New Finding Aid"
clip from the clip library and find the name of the file.  If you are using
the default NCEAD_2002rev clips, the file is likely named
"template2002rev.tpl".  The default location for the NCEAD Template is
notetab/Templates/template2002rev.tpl)

One quick way to make the changes would be to CTRL+ F and search for
"Preferred Citation."  There, you will likely find the "Boone, North
Carolina, NC" phrase, which you may alter.

As to past finding aids, I only know of running a find and replace on the
individual EAD files, but someone on the list might know a better way to
globally alter the batch.

Hope this helps!

~Amanda Ross

Project Archivist