Kathryn,

Most likely, the error occurs in your EAD template.  It seems that you are using the NCEAD toolkit, which utilizes NoteTab.  If you are using NoteTab, go to "File" --> "Template" --> "Edit" and then select the proper .tpl file.  (If you are unsure, you can right-click the "Create New Finding Aid" clip from the clip library and find the name of the file.  If you are using the default NCEAD_2002rev clips, the file is likely named "template2002rev.tpl".  The default location for the NCEAD Template is notetab/Templates/template2002rev.tpl)

One quick way to make the changes would be to CTRL+ F and search for "Preferred Citation."  There, you will likely find the "Boone, North Carolina, NC" phrase, which you may alter.

As to past finding aids, I only know of running a find and replace on the individual EAD files, but someone on the list might know a better way to globally alter the batch.

Hope this helps!

~Amanda Ross

Project Archivist
Forest History Society

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 6:48 PM, Mark A. Matienzo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 5:21 PM, Kathryn L. Staley
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> In the Preferred Citation of the ead finding aids, North Carolina is listed
> twice as "North Carolina, NC."  Example:
> http://www.library.appstate.edu/appcoll/ead2002/168bern.xml/ead2html#id179880492
> I have checked the style files and address files but I cannot locate the
> source of the error.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to where else to
> look?

Looking at the actual EAD, it looks like it's actually in there as
such, meaning you need to fix the underlying code.