Hello -

   Please join us for the next in our regular monthly series of free
   Department of the Interior Library Park Ranger Speaker Series lectures
   on "The Architecture of John Russell Pope" next Tuesday, November 18th
   from 1:00 - 1:45 pm in the Department of the Interior Library.

   John Russell Pope was a noted and celebrated architect during the first
   half of the 20th century. He was chosen to be the architect of many
   memorials and important buildings throughout the country, including the
   Jefferson Memorial, Masonic Temple, National Archives Building, DAR
   Constitution Hall, and National Gallery of Art (West Building) all here
   in Washington, DC. Pope and his architectural firm consistently produced
   dignified architecture of classical inspiration, helping lead a
   Neo-Classical revival throughout the country.

   Please join National Park Service Ranger Eric Pominville for a look at
   the life of John Russell Pope, the local monuments and buildings he
   designed, and how his architectural style continues to influence
   architects to this day.

   All that are interested are invited.  The DOI Library is located in the
   Main Interior Building, located at 1849 C Street, NW, Room 1151 in
   Washington.  Space is limited so please contact the Library by phone at
   (202) 208-5815 or by e-mail at [log in to unmask] to let us know you will
   be coming.    For more information about future DOI Library Park Ranger
   Speaker Series programs, we encourage you to visit our Park Ranger
   Speaker Series website at
   http://library.doi.gov/programs/speaker/index.html.

   George Franchois
   Coordinator of Library Services