He'll draw from his book -- "unSpun: Finding Facts in a World of Disinformation" -- an enjoyable look at such information topics as the warning signs of spin; why we get spun; and techniques for finding the best evidence. And, he'll highlight FactCheck.org -- the winner of two 2008 Webby Awards.

Don't lose this opportunity!

Sponsored by: Dow Jones & Company

DATE: Wednesday, November 19, 2008

TIME: 6:00pm to 8:00pm (Light refreshments  6:00-6:30, program 6:30-8:00)

LOCATION:

Venable LLP

575 7th St. NW (Eighth Floor)

Washington, DC   20004

METRO:  Gallery Place/Chinatown (Red, Yellow, and Green lines). Take the 7th Street exit.

RSVP: Greta Ober, [log in to unmask]

Deadline: Monday, November 17th

PRICE: (please refer to the registration page for payment options: http://units.sla.org/chapter/cdc/events_files/Nov1908.html)

$15.00 - DC Chapter members

$25.00 - Non-chapter members

$5.00 - Students/retired/unemployed

Attention: regardless of payment, ALL attendees must "rsvp"

Please share this seminar announcement with others who may be interested (SLA members/non-members)

For information about other DC-SLA events, visit the DC Chapter 2008 Events page: http://units.sla.org/chapter/cdc/events.html

Greta Ober
2008 DC - SLA VP / President Elect
Past-Chair, SLA Social Science Division