For all of these we need to make sure they satisfy the criteria.
However, since the original request was submitted, our criteria have
changed. You may all recall the other categories we are now asking for
in addition to the number of documents. At the very least they need to
satisfy the number of documents criteria.

Joan's point is a good one. Can we start telling people that they have
a part 3 code element so don't need a part 2 one? But that will say that
we have frozen part 2. Which isn't really the case. So back to
satisfying the criteria. Comments?

Rebecca

>>> Joan Spanne <[log in to unmask]> 11/26/08 10:38 AM >>>
These actually predate my voting elegibility, so I will abstain. Though
it
is not clear to me why a Part 2 code element is necessary, since Part 3
is
now adopted, I don't see any problem with them.

-Joan

Håvard Hjulstad <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: ISO 639 Joint Advisory Committee <[log in to unmask]>
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Two "missed" JAC ballots - Hyam and Kagoma

Dear JAC members,

Going through my files I have discovered two items where balloting
actually started in 2006, but that were never finalized. One (positive)

vote was cast on either of them. It seems that “something” came up
during
the process, and it was never continued and finalized.

Any comments to either of these items? Should I re-issue the ballot?

Best regards,
Håvard

--------------------
Håvard Hjulstad
  Standard Norge / Standards Norway
  Postboks 242, NO-1326 Lysaker
  besøksadresse / visiting address: Strandveien 18
  tel: (+47) 67838600  |  faks / fax: (+47) 67838601
  direkte tel / direct tel: (+47) 67838645
  http://www.standard.no/
--------------------

----- Message from Håvard Hjulstad <[log in to unmask]> on Fri, 24 Mar
2006
17:50:34 +0100 -----
To:
Subject:
ISO 639 ballot 2006-5 - Kagoma; Gong

Dear JAC voting members,

ISO 639 ballot 2006-5: Kagoma; Gong

Please see original submission in the enclosed message.

During the discussion none of the members presented arguments against
the
inclusion of this item in the alpha-3 table of ISO 639-2. It is already
in
ISO 639-3.

Please vote by 14 April 2006.

Submitted by:

(A) Inclusion:
(1)
___ I am in favour of including "Kagoma; Gong" in ISO 639-2.
___ I am opposed to including "Kagoma; Gong" in ISO 639-2.

[Inclusion in the alpha-2 code is not balloted.]

(B) Identifier:
[Since the item is already in ISO 639-3, the identifier "kdm" should be

retained.]

(C) Names:
(2)
___ I am in favour of the English names "Kagoma; Gong".
___ I am opposed to the English names "Kagoma; Gong".

(3)
___ I am in favour of the French names "kagoma; gong".
___ I am opposed to the French names "kagoma; gong".

(4)
___ I am in favour of the indigenous names "Kagoma; Gong".
___ I am opposed to the indigenous names "Kagoma; Gong".

(D) Comments:

----- Message from Håvard Hjulstad

on Mon, 13 Dec 2004 16:24:20 +0100 -----
To:
Subject:
New ISO 639 proposal: Gong; Kagoma - Discussion (until 2005-01-14)

Dear JAC members,
Please see the submission below.
The submitter refers to Ethnologue:
http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=KDM. The identifier
"kdm"
is also the one that is used in draft 639-3. However, for some reason
the
submitted request asks for "gng" (which is in use in Ethnologue and
639-3). Ethnologue claims that there are 6250 speakers only of this
language.
In Linguasphere the item is probably the one that is encoded 98-IAB-f
OR
98-IAB-fa
The following represents the encoding in Linguasphere:
98 = BENUIC phylozone
98-I = HYAM+TAROK set
98-IA = HYAM+IZERE chain
98-IAB = HYAM+YESKWA net
98-IAB-f = Kagoma
98-IAB-fa = ka-goma [gwong, gyong, kwong, agoma] (Ethnologue has the
same
alternate names.)
If an alpha-3 identifier is assigned for 639-2, it should be "kdm".
DISCUSSION please (until 2005-01-14).
Best regards,
Håvard
Håvard Hjulstad
Standard Norge / Standards Norway
  P.O.Box 242, NO-1326 Lysaker (Norway)
  +47 67838645 (direct)   fax: +47 67838601
http://www.standard.no/
mailto:[log in to unmask]