  To paraphrase Tim Spaulding's contribution on another topic:

    "There's something a bit disconcerting about being considered in
violation of cataloging rules when there's no way to know how the rules
are meant to apply. Have cupcake; one is poisonous. :)"

   PS: the subject heading for this thread is also definitely misleading.
It is about "Form of Heading for a Publication When a Thesis Has Also Been
Issued", or, better, just "LCRI 22.3A."

                                             John G. Marr
                                             Cataloger
                                             CDS, UL
                                             Univ. of New Mexico
                                             Albuquerque, NM 87131

         **"I really like to know the reasons for what I do!"**
                                             Martha Watson

Opinions belong exclusively to the individuals expressing them, but
sharing is permitted.