On Tue, 18 Nov 2008, Policy and Standards Division wrote:

> The Policy and Standards Division has reviewed ... the so-called "80%
> rule" and ... We've determined that this guidance is no longer
> necessary and will delete this *portion* of the LCRI

   Is this statement (esp. **) in conflict with the following:

> ... extra guidance for applying 22.3A in AACR2 is no longer needed and
> the rule should be applied as written.

   I.e., wil the entire LCRI be deleted or only the "80%" portion [=
section "2)", subparagraphs "1)" and "2)" and the wording "(defined
above)" in the paragraph following same]?

> Ana Cristan for
> Policy and Standards Division
> Library of Congress

Thank you,
                                             John G. Marr
                                             Cataloger
                                             CDS, UL
                                             Univ. of New Mexico
                                             Albuquerque, NM 87131

         **"I really like to know the reasons for what I do!"**
                                             Martha Watson

Opinions belong exclusively to the individuals expressing them, but
sharing is permitted.