On Tue, 18 Nov 2008, Policy and Standards Division wrote:

> ... extra guidance for applying 22.3A in AACR2 is no longer needed and
> the rule should be applied as written.

   Could we have retained the following guidance in LCRI 22.3A:

   "When determing the fullest form for a person who uses both forename
initials and forenames, make no distinction between initials and
forenames"

   With a new example: e.g., "B.E.Pagan" is as full as "Bernard Edward
Pagan."

Thank you,

                                             John G. Marr
                                             Cataloger
                                             CDS, UL
                                             Univ. of New Mexico
                                             Albuquerque, NM 87131

         **"I really like to know the reasons for what I do!"**
                                             Martha Watson

Opinions belong exclusively to the individuals expressing them, but
sharing is permitted.