Corrected  version: The Musicrafts were >without< Sidney Bechet. My
apoligies for the confusion.

Over on the Ballad-L list, there's a discussion about the Musicraft
label, and the 1940 Josh White session that included sides released
(with Sidney Bechet) on Blue Note, and others (without Bechet) on Musicraft.

Can anybody here cast any light on that session or on Musicraft in
general that I can relay to the Ballad-L folks? Who produced the Josh
White session and why was it split between the two labels? Why did
Musicraft move from anonymous classical recordings to folk music and
blues? Any other useful history or anecdotes?

John Ross