At 05:49 PM 1/20/2009, Paul D wrote:
>The Constitution states for a limited time. That could be
>interpreted from 1 day to the lifetime of the artist.

Boy, those would be great minimum/maximum limits. The problem is that
Sonny Bono himself said that his interpretation of "a limited time"
was "forever minus one day". And that's a problem.

And research suffers. What is fair game and absolutely routine for
scholars of the baroque is verboten for scholars of twentieth century
music. Our hands are tied and we have a tough time doing work on
music where we could actually speak to the participants and get
firsthand answers.

Mike

www.crj-online.org
www.jazzdiscography.com