I would echo these sentiments regarding the VPI. I have the 16.5 and
have cleaned well over 2,000 lps w/o problems.

I use a three step system (Audio Intelligence fluids) and have a
brush and a vacuum tube for each solution......it taks a little
longer, but my records are playable as new with the exception of pre-
esiting scratches.

Doug Small
White Stone, VA