Jim Sam wrote:
> All,
>
> Does any one have a favorite program for converting real audio, or any
> real media, to a non-proprietary format, such as wav?
>
> I'm asking in the spirit of being able to adequately preserve future
> acquisitions of archives.

Though I've not used it for that purpose, the Swiss army knife of A/V
converters is SuperC (the 'C' being the copyright symbol) from
eRightSoft. Unfortunately, they make one struggle to find the download
and the program is so powerful that it can be difficult to set up, but I
believe it will do the job. It is freeware, so you risk only your time
to try it - and we all have a great deal of that on hand, of course. <G>

Mike
http://www.mrichter.com/