From: "Dave Lewis" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2009 1:32 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Soapbox

When I spoke to folks in the Grammys, admittedly some time ago, they
were having problems with the majors disclosing even basic information
about their holdings. Perhaps something has relaxed in the interim,
though I wouldn't bet on it. And if push comes to shove, it will take a
lot more than NARAS to keep the integrity of these collections together.
We cannot say "keep them stored" safely, as we cannot insure that is the
case even now.

Dave Lewis