-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Frances, Melodie
Sent: Monday, January 05, 2009 6:29 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] basic question from a newbie

Sorry to take up bandwidth with a slightly off topic post, but hopefully
I will be forgiven - I just wanted to say that this listserv is an
example of what is so cool about librarians - we SHARE information and
help each other out - I too am at the beginning of a project and it
would be impossible for me to attempt to do it without all of the
wonderful help from everyone on this list - things like Richard being
willing to freely share a paper that he wrote are just one example of
how truly helping this profession is - given the recent approach of
entities like OCLC which seems to be mostly concerned now with getting
their piece of the digital $$ pie, it is really nice to see such an open
attitude on this list!!!

Melodie Frances