Terminology correction accepted! What would be the better term, old
records on the air? Classic jazz programming? Never mind... And it
was the Lone Ranger in the late fifties that got me really interested
in radio and sound.

I'd love to see a program like that - and would love to hear Jazz
Rhythm with Dave Radlauer on NPR too. Unfortunatley, the local NPR
stations here in the SF Bay Area are almost exclusively talk and news
- which I like and listen to - but to me it seems really weird to
hear music on NPR! The only times Bay Area NPR stations (of which we
have at least four) have music prgrams is when I'm out doing live
sound for local music... so I hardly ever hear them. The biggest one
(KQED) used to be classical until they found NPR news and talk
brought in more money.

Anyway, I'll go exploring, as I'm finding the old music ever more
entertaining as I approach maturity (nearly 60 now...)

Happy New Year, all!

<L>

Lou Judson  Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689