Dear all,

We are redesigning our finding aid at the Southern Historical Collection and
will be doing some usability testing this year. I've been reading what
literature I can find out there on finding aid usability studies, but have
been surprised at how little published work there is. I can't help but think
that between all of us there must be a greater store of communal knowledge
on this subject, whether it's information passed by word of mouth from
public services, informal surveys, unpublished findings, etc. I would love
to hear from anyone willing to share their own institution's findings or
experiences.

Thank you,

Joyce Chapman
(Southern Historical Collection at the University of North Carolina at
Chapel Hill)