Dear all,

We are redesigning our finding aid at the Southern Historical Collection and will be doing some usability testing this year. I've been reading what literature I can find out there on finding aid usability studies, but have been surprised at how little published work there is. I can't help but think that between all of us there must be a greater store of communal knowledge on this subject, whether it's information passed by word of mouth from public services, informal surveys, unpublished findings, etc. I would love to hear from anyone willing to share their own institution's findings or experiences.

Thank you,

Joyce Chapman
(Southern Historical Collection at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill)