Hi Joyce:
The Northwest Digital Archives Usability Design Working Group has
conducted a number of studies on the NWDA website. You can find the
resulting reports from rounds 4 and 5 at http://orbiscascade.org/index/usability-design-working-group-reports
.

Best, Jodi

On Jan 6, 2009, at 7:58 AM, Joyce Chapman wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> We are redesigning our finding aid at the Southern Historical
> Collection and will be doing some usability testing this year. I've
> been reading what literature I can find out there on finding aid
> usability studies, but have been surprised at how little published
> work there is. I can't help but think that between all of us there
> must be a greater store of communal knowledge on this subject,
> whether it's information passed by word of mouth from public
> services, informal surveys, unpublished findings, etc. I would love
> to hear from anyone willing to share their own institution's
> findings or experiences.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Joyce Chapman
> (Southern Historical Collection at the University of North Carolina
> at Chapel Hill)

Jodi Allison-Bunnell
Program Manager, Northwest Digital Archives
Orbis Cascade Alliance
418 Woodford
Missoula, MT 59801
(406) 829-6528