Hi Mark,

The website for the RIAMCO consortium is not yet live but to answer your
questions:

-          We're using Solr to index the EAD records.

limiting by date but this field will only search collection dates (not
dates in the <dsc>).

-          We're not planning on using bulk dates in the searches.

In thinking about normalized dates we starting questioning why we were
using normalized in the components since we knew, with our current
search capabilities, we would not be searching those dates.  We decided
to keep normalized in the components for that "someday" when we would be
able to offer researchers enhanced search and retrieval functions in the
<dsc>.

 - Jennifer

Jennifer J. Betts

RIAMCO Project Manager
John Hay Library, Box A

Brown University

Providence, RI  02912

E-MAIL:  [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

TEL:  (401) 863-2148

CELL: (401) 480-1173

FAX:  (401) 863-2093

RIAMCO wiki: https://wiki.brown.edu/confluence/display/library/RIAMCO