Hi Mark,

The website for the RIAMCO consortium is not yet live but to answer your questions:

-          We’re using Solr to index the EAD records.

-          We’re not planning on using bulk dates in the searches.

In thinking about normalized dates we starting questioning why we were using normalized in the components since we knew, with our current search capabilities, we would not be searching those dates.  We decided to keep normalized in the components for that “someday” when we would be able to offer researchers enhanced search and retrieval functions in the <dsc>.

 - Jennifer

Jennifer J. Betts

RIAMCO Project Manager
John Hay Library, Box A