On Jan 9, 2009, at 2:02 PM, Arlene Taylor wrote:

>   I wonder if there is any way to do RDA "incrementally"?
>
> --Arlene

I don't think it can be done incrementally. I've concluded that we
need a new model of what a cataloging course does and we have to
develop it now.  We can't fit another "topic" into the syllabus and
one session's lecture on RDA wouldn't stick in a student's brain anyway.

To say that you're going to do a course that teaches FRBR or RDA
doesn't fully deal with the subject/outsourcing/metadata/online
catalog issues that have radically altered the rest of today's
cataloging landscape.

Cheryl
Cheryl Tarsala
University of Illinois