When: February 18th, 2009, 9:30 and 1:30Where: FEDLINK Training Room,
Rm. 216, LC Adams Bldg, 2nd and independence Ave, SE.Registration:
Please e-mail Jim Oliver, [log in to unmask], to register for either session,
including agency affiliation and phone no. Please forward to colleagues
who may have an interest in the subject matter.  As Isaac Asimov said,
*the only constant is change*. Everyone realizes we continue to live
in rapidly changing times and yet being prepared for change can
sometimes elude and overwhelm us. Government libraries and information
functions are more that ever finding themselves in the whirlwind of
change and a new U.S. federal government administration focused on
change will certainly add to the excitement. In addition, the economic
landscape is uncertain, baby boomers are leaving the workforce to make
way for millennial, Web 2.0 technologies are changing user interactions,
 and publishing models are evolving. Please join Karen Wilson, Director
& Lead Analyst and Mary Corcoran, Vice President, Business Development
from Outsell, Inc.(www.outsellinc.com),  the leading research and
advisory firm for the information industry, for a presentation examining
managing change.    We will share with you how best to prepare and
manage for change as well as explore some of the technological and
social drivers of change in library and information management
functions. Also included will be data from our November 2008 User Needs
Study which surveyed almost 6,000 knowledge workers on their information
needs and preferences.  Learn what services Outsell has to assist you in
analyzing your organization to best implement changes that will have
strategic impact. You'll benefit from Outsell*s knowledge and experience
in the library and information management realm, proprietary research
about library functions and knowledge workers, and the experiences of
your peers in this interactive presentation.  *If you don*t create
change, change will create you!*  ~ Anonymous  Mary CorcoranV.P.
Business Development+1  650-917-8201+1 650-917-8142 (fax)Outsell,
Inc.www.outsellinc.com Advancing the business of information See you
there.Jim James W. Oliver
FEDLINK Vendor Services Coordinator
Library of Congress