Hello -

Please join us for the next in our regular monthly series of free
Department of the Interior Library Park Ranger Speaker Series lectures on
"The Clara Barton National Historic Site" next Wednesday, January 21st from
1:00 - 1:45 pm in the Department of the Interior Library.

Clara Barton dedicated her life and energies to help others in times of
need - both at home and abroad, in peacetime as well as during military
emergencies. The Clara Barton National Historic Site in Glen Echo, MD
commemorates her contributions as the famed “Angel of the Battlefield” and
founder of the American Red Cross. The historic site was her home for the
last 15 years of her life and served as the headquarters and warehouse for
the Red Cross. It helps illustrate her dedication and concern for those
less fortunate than herself.

Please join Park Ranger Kevin Patti for a peek at the treasures of the
Clara Barton National Historic Site and a look at a life and achievements
of pioneer American teacher, nurse, and humanitarian Clara Barton.

All that are interested are invited.  The DOI Library is located in the
Main Interior Building, located at 1849 C Street, NW, Room 1151 in
Washington.  Space is limited so please contact the Library by phone at
(202) 208-5815 or by e-mail at [log in to unmask] to let us know you will be
coming.    For more information about future DOI Library Park Ranger
Speaker Series programs, we encourage you to visit our Park Ranger Speaker
Series website at http://library.doi.gov/programs/speaker/index.html.

George Franchois
Coordinator of Library Services
U.S. Dept. of the Interior Library