When: February 18th, 2009, 9:30 and 1:30

Where: FEDLINK Training Room, Rm. 216, LC Adams Bldg,

2nd and independence Ave, SE.

Registration: Please e-mail Jim Oliver, [log in to unmask], to register for either session, including agency affiliation and phone no. Please forward to colleagues who may have an interest in the subject matter.

As Isaac Asimov said, “the only constant is change”. Everyone realizes we continue to live in rapidly changing times and yet being prepared for change can sometimes elude and overwhelm us. Government libraries and information functions are more that ever finding themselves in the whirlwind of change and a new U.S. federal government administration focused on change will certainly add to the excitement. In addition, the economic landscape is uncertain, baby boomers are leaving the workforce to make way for millennial, Web 2.0 technologies are changing user interactions,  and publishing models are evolving.

Please join Karen Wilson, Director & Lead Analyst and Mary Corcoran, Vice President, Business Development from Outsell, Inc.(www.outsellinc.com),  the leading research and advisory firm for the information industry, for a presentation examining managing change.

We will share with you how best to prepare and manage for change as well as explore some of the technological and social drivers of change in library and information management functions. Also included will be data from our November 2008 User Needs Study which surveyed almost 6,000 knowledge workers on their information needs and preferences.  Learn what services Outsell has to assist you in analyzing your organization to best implement changes that will have strategic impact.

You'll benefit from Outsell’s knowledge and experience in the library and information management realm, proprietary research about library functions and knowledge workers, and the experiences of your peers in this interactive presentation.

“If you don’t create change, change will create you!”  ~ Anonymous

Mary Corcoran

V.P. Business Development

+1  650-917-8201

+1 650-917-8142 (fax)