Apologies in advance if you have already responded to the 2008 Library Automation Survey.

If you have not already responded, please do so before I close the survey in the next few days.

I am conducting another round of the library automation perceptions survey.  Last year's survey was the basis for Perceptions 2007: an international survey of library automation:
  http://www.librarytechnology.org/perceptions2007.pl

The data collected through this year's survey will inform a similar report that provides the statistical results and interprets to the extent possible what it says about the current library automation arena.

The survey aims to measure how libraries perceive their current library automation system, the companies involved in their support and development, and to gauge interest in open source alternatives.  As more libraries become involved with open source ILS products, I'm especially interested in measuring their satisfaction relative to those that use traditionally licensed systems.

Please take a few minutes to respond to the survey.  The following link provides more information about the survey and is the easiest way to get to the survey response form:

   http://www.librarytechnology.org/blog.pl?ThreadID=91

If you responded last year, I'm still very much interested in having you respond this time also.  Comparing the results of the two years might reveal interesting shifts in perceptions.
Thanks for participating.

Best Regards,

 - Marshall Breeding
Director for Innovative Technology and Research, Vanderbilt University Libraries

Editor, Library Technology Guides

Columnist, Computers in Libraries

Contributing Editor, Smart Libraries Newsletter