That takes me back to when I was working as an assistant editor working at MGM in '60s for Selmur Productions, an ABC company, and they had a acquired a Spaghetti Western, "A Minute to Pray, a Second to Die".   It was dubbed there at MGM, and wasn't really very good with all the dialog looped, but the music recorded in Italy was marvelous, some of the music cues being whole sections of Mahler lifted from his symphonies.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063308/

It made a Mahler devotee out of me, and later, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven when I sang in the L.A. Master Chorale for the opening of the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion in the Music Center, Mahler's second symphony, "The Resurrection".   So, it may not have been elevator music, but it sure improved my music appreciation by exposure.

Rod Stephens