Steven C. Barr wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Richter" <[log in to unmask]>

>> One of the Naxos family of recordings is a collection of 'soft
>> classics' for storecast.

> The "music" played by Muzak...or its various, "in-house" competitors...is
> best defined as "NON-music"...! Its entire purpose is NOT to be noticed!

I do not mean to disrupt the thread's attention to the purveyors of
"non-music", but that's not quite what I mean - or what Klaus sells - as
soft classics. Lots of baroque concerti, romantic-era chamber music,
piano sonatas, that sort of thing. Rather short of a Mahler symphony in
scope, but even at one movement at a time, something close to real music.

Mike
http://www.mrichter.com/