-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of D P Ingram
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 10:32 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Common database/electronic library interchange
format ?

Hi.

Does anybody know (Google was not my friend, at least with what
"rubbish" I put in) if there is a common database/electronic
interchange format for linking electronic library collections?

I understand an institution may not be able to have a common database
format (fields etc) but there can be filters or things applied to make
it easy to share or link collection databases together. Does such a
thing exist?

Many thanks, Darren

 D P Ingram  Ab Ingram Oy
 darren at ingram.fi   www.ingram.fi

 +358 6 781 0275 (FIN)  +46 8 5511 4995 (SWE)  +44 203 014 3839
(UK)
 extn 8001