On 12 feb 2009, at 17.02, Bob Olhsson wrote:

> The tech sector press keeps repeating this mantra yet the fact
> remains that
> there is simply no evidence I'm aware of that reducing the price of
> recordings increases sales volume. It isn't like this hasn't been
> tried by
> both retail stores and labels.
And this is before the double blind tests I've seen reference to which
show that the vast, vast majority of people, even audiophiles (both
green CD pen owners and non owners alike) cannot tell the difference
between lossless and high end AAC/MP3 recordings on typical or even
higher grade playback equipment...

Of course, a 64k wma file encoded from a crap-o-disc played on a high-
end reference system is different, but people forgot and try to
compare the equivalent of a 25 year old rust bucket to the latest and
greatest top-end BMW.

Darren
 D P Ingram  Ab Ingram Oy
 darren at ingram.fi   www.ingram.fi

 +358 6 781 0275 (FIN)  +46 8 5511 4995 (SWE)  +44 203 014 3839
(UK)
 extn 8001