Adrian Cosentini wrote:
> Hey if you really want to go vintage I have an Chicago-Webster Wire
> recorder that still works, with the original microphone. Oh the fidelity.
>
> Adriano

Of course you could do the recordings on acoustical cylinders, and
actually there have been some notable cylinder recording sessions in the
last 10 or 15 years including the Fisk Univ Jubilee Singers at ARSC in
Nashville.   And we had a good demo of recording on tinfoil at the 2008
ARSC.  Or it could be recorded on lacquer discs like I had my ARSC talk
on the introduction of instantaneous cut on discs by Graham Newton.
That also was the session when I played the Ultimate Columbia
Double-Disc Record.  I successfully played it in a CD player, and then
put it on an acoustical wind-up Victor Victrola VV-X where it played one
of the Columbia Double Disc demonstration records.  "A point to
remember.  Columbia Double Disc Records will play on either Columbia or
Victor machines, and they will unfailingly outwear any other record."

Mike Biel  [log in to unmask]