Automatic channel switching is something CEDAR never incorporated.
Such a feature would have been the next logical step after their Azimuth
Corrector.

Ted Kendall's The Front End includes some de-clicking circuitry of
which,
I think, a channel switcher is a part.  But I've never used one, so
I'm not sure.
And, I don't believe he's making them any more.

I find most often a carefully balanced mono mix will be less noisy
than either
channel alone, since a well-tuned mono automatically boosts the music
3 dB
over the noise.  But I regularly check this (L alone, R alone and L
+R) if there
is any doubt, just to confirm.

Doug Pomeroy
POMEROY AUDIO