Whilst I am confident of the use of gerundives in Latin sentence
construction, my knowledge of there use in other languages is not so
good. The term is applied very differently to different languages;
depending on the language, gerundives may be verbal adjectives, verbal
adverbs, or finite verbs. Not every language has gerundives; for
example, English does not. I'm afraid my knowledge of German language
does not stretch to detailed discussion of syntax. Like Aaron I have not
had to struggle with gerundives since leaving the third form at school.

--
Mike Hirst
Managing Director

tel: 0191 289 3186