I have never seen a Vocalion.or Aeoleon  of classical music.

                                        Roger

--- On Sun, 3/1/09, Russell W. Miller <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
From: Russell W. Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Kempff on Brunswick
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Sunday, March 1, 2009, 12:49 PM

I don't know of a complete listing of the Brunswick classical series.  As I
recall, Ross Laird's four-volume Brunswick discography lists what
information he had on these, but his work concentrated on recordings made by
Brunswick and didn't attempt to be comprehensive with respect to recordings
they issued under license.

Kempff's first recording would not have been issued on Brunswick.  To my
knowledge, the only American label that issued Grammophon sides between the
end of WWI and the start of electrical recording was Vocalion.  (That
assumes you don't count Opera Disc as an American label, which I don't
because the pressings were imported and the catalog numbers are identical to
their Polydor and Grammophon counterparts.)  There were no Brunswick
pressings of acoustical DG recordings.  (But if anyone has information to
the contrary, fire away!)

Russell