Thanks! I don't suppose there's an ISO or a similar recognised "code
set" also for music type, i.e. library music, tango, sound effects,
brass band, concerto etc ? At least there's one thing "off my list" :)

Best wishes, Darren

> Regarding language codes, yes, ISO 639-3 is the international
> standard, maintained by linguists.  I don't think it will
> distinguish dialects, such as Swedish spoken in Finland, or English
> spoken in the US or Singapore from UK English.  But it's the most
> detailed list available, with separate entries for (Scottish) Gaelic
> and Irish, the Chinese languages, Arabic languages, and so on.
>
> Susan Hooyenga

 D P Ingram  Ab Ingram Oy
 darren at ingram.fi   www.ingram.fi

 +358 6 781 0275 (FIN)  +46 8 5511 4995 (SWE)  +44 203 014 3839
(UK)
 extn 8001