-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Thomas Stern
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 11:00 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Catalogs, booklets, ephemera etc. wasEverest
Records catalog circa 1960

  It is a very frequent and disheartening occurrence that the booklets
which
accompanied 78rpm albums
(sometimes LPs) are missing from copies available from dealers and
online
sources.  These booklets are frequently very rich sources of
information,
and have their intrinsic interest.
  Catalogs from specialized record companies are also of great interest
(Classical, Folk, Jazz, Documentary, Spoken word, etc.).
  Is there any person or organizations with a website where these could
be
made available permanently?
  Whenever possible, I have provided scans of this type of material.  I
hope
others
in this community are willing to do the same.  This could be a resource
of
immense importance to scholars and collectors.
  Would be a great service if LoC, Smithsonian, or University would
commit
to this.
  Comments / Suggestions ?????
Best wishes, Thomas.