A Race Against Time: Preserving Our Audiovisual Media

presented by the Conservation Center for Art and Historic Artifacts

July 29 & 30, 2009 - Save the Date!

Hosted and cosponsored by:

Western History/ Genealogy Department, Denver Public Library

Denver, CO

Register online at
http://guest.cvent.com/i.aspx?5S,M3,1f784d82-9a05-4d14-bca5-9da86545c149
.

Sessions:

*        Overview of Machine-Based AV Media Identification and
Preservation

*        Reformatting Options for AV Media

*        Contracting for AV Preservation Services

*        Surveying and Selecting AV Media Materials for Preservation and
Access

*        Funding Opportunities for AV Preservation

*        Case Studies and Panel Discussions

Lead Speaker:

Alan Lewis, Audiovisual Archives Consultant, Washington, DC

Speakers:

George Blood, President, Safe Sound Archive, Philadelphia, PA

Thomas F.R. Clareson, Program Director for New Initiatives, Lyrasis,
Philadelphia, PA

Anna L. Scott, Archivist, Aspen Historical Society, Aspen, CO

Sarah Stauderman, Preservation Manager, Smithsonian Institution
Archives, Washington, DC

The fee for this two-day program is $200.  Funders for this program
include the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) and the
Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.  Presented in partnership with Lyrasis.
Also cosponsored by BCR, Denver, CO.

Register online at
http://guest.cvent.com/i.aspx?5S,M3,1f784d82-9a05-4d14-bca5-9da86545c149
.  For more information, visit our Education Program Calendar at
www.ccaha.org <http://www.ccaha.org/> , call 215-545-0613 or email

A limited number of $750 stipends are available to staff from non-profit
institutions with annual budgets of less than $500,000.  Eligibility
requirements and stipend application information available here
<https://custom.cvent.com/5F5E0F2494E6478C85413331B458D33B/files/event/1
f784d829a054d14bca59da86545c149/df159431ceec4f77ac91dc917c64e7f3.pdf>
or through the Education Program Calendar at www.ccaha.org
<http://www.ccaha.org/> .

CCAHA will also conduct this program at the Atlanta History Center in
Atlanta, GA on October 20 & 21, 2009.

Kim Andrews

Preservation Services Officer

CONSERVATION CENTER for Art and Historic Artifacts

264 S. 23rd Street

Philadelphia, PA  19103

215-545-0613 (phone)

215-735-9313 (fax)

www.ccaha.org <http://www.ccaha.org>

Are you a member institution of the Conservation Center?  Click here
<http://www.ccaha.org/index.php/support/member>  to become a member and
take advantage of our great member benefits!