Hi Gang:
Just thought I'd share a Toledo Goodwill find last week.  So we all know what the original cast LP of South Pacific (Columbia ML 4180) cover front looks like, with the smiling faces of Ezio Pinza and Mary Martin. Well, I found a copy without not only their pusses but also all other black printing and images.  We've all found numerous factory glitches on discs and covers but I thought this was special kuz it happened to a "CLASSIC" issue.  At first I thought it was some kind of foreign pressing where the country didn't have the rights to the face images, but then a second stare revealed the situation. Someone must have given the black inked plate a rest.  Just pull out your copies and imagine the image.  Kinda scary, huh??   Or maybe it isn't!

Bill Schurk
Sound Recordings Archivist
Bowling Green State University