I have been following this thread for a bit, and I would have to
concur with Mike's assessment of the variable low-pass filter on the
Packburn. Despite many attempts at trying to make this unit sound
good, I have to admit I never liked it much.

Like most signal processors, if it was used sparingly, the artifacts
weren't too noticeable, but high-amplitude pops or ticks could really
put it over the edge.

Scott D. Smith
Chicago Audio Works, Inc.