Hi Everyone,
Please excuse the last message.  I was only forwarding a message from another list that I trust, so I didn't think there would be a problem.  After taking the message out of email and stripping out any unintended formatting - and sending it to three different email addresses without problems - I'm resending it.
Judy

Hi Everyone,

This is a post from a library listserv, but I thought you'd be interested.  Most of it is geared towards higher education, but there is some great information here for all levels.  Do check out the Wikipedia site.  See below.

Judy Graves

 ------ from a list for digital reference ----

It looks like Wikipedia  has its own entry for tracking school writing assignments.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:School_and_university_projects

 Here's another example, from British Columbia:

 http://www.dailyheraldtribune.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1100567, and http://tinyurl.com/csa4dx

And one from Alberta:

 http://www.international.ualberta.ca/prospective/news.cfm?story=80428

 And another example:

   http://www.insidehighered.com/views/2009/03/12/cummings

 And one from the UK:

   http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2007/mar/07/highereducation.elearning

 Martha J. Groom, Assoc. Prof. at Univ. of Washington also had her students write

 articles for Wikipedia in 2007:

  http://faculty.washington.edu/groom/teaching/wikipedia.html

 Prof. Mills Kelly in the history department at George Mason University had

 his students create a Wikipedia entry about a fictitious "last American

 pirate" last year. You can read about it here:

  http://lastamericanpirate.net/

 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Owens

Judith K. Graves
Digital Projects Coordinator