My first "oops" to the list!!  And I've tried to be so careful.  Obviously I meant that for Jane at ArchivesHub, but I don't mind that everyone got it.  Feel free to take a look :)  And of course I should add my thanks to Terry Catapano for the core of the script that generates the input XML file, if I haven't publicly said so already.

Michele

-----Original Message-----
From: Michele R Combs
Sent: Friday, April 03, 2009 10:11 AM
To: 'Encoded Archival Description List'
Subject: RE: Slightly OT: Faceted browsing and elastic lists

Hi Jane --

Thought you might be interested in seeing a prototype of what elastic lists and EAD might look like.  Moritz and I and a couple of other people are playing with it.  So far it's very cool - I wrote an XSL script to generate a single xml input file from a directory full of EAD, you stick the resulting file in the right folder on the server with Moritz's flash application, and voila.  See here: http://library.syr.edu/digital/guides/ElasticLists-EAD/binv3/index.html .

Michele

(be green - don't print this email!)
Michele Combs
Manuscripts Librarian