Hi Jane --

Thought you might be interested in seeing a prototype of what elastic lists and EAD might look like.  Moritz and I and a couple of other people are playing with it.  So far it's very cool - I wrote an XSL script to generate a single xml input file from a directory full of EAD, you stick the resulting file in the right folder on the server with Moritz's flash application, and voila.  See here: http://library.syr.edu/digital/guides/ElasticLists-EAD/binv3/index.html .

Michele

-----Original Message-----
From: Encoded Archival Description List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jane Stevenson
Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2009 10:11 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Slightly OT: Faceted browsing and elastic lists

Hi Michele,

This is a new one on me too - I think they look very convincing having just spent a short time exploring them. It would be a great idea for searching in so far as it allows people go go forwards, backwards and sideways really easily. I also really like some of the visual results that you get, e.g. on the http://well-formed-data.net/experiments/elastic_lists/ demo.

Cheers,
Jane.

Jane Stevenson
Archives Hub Co-ordinator