Buzz Haughton wrote:
> My second problem is that it's going to be difficult to find materials,
> particularly in English, that don't already have copy. I'm not sure if I
> should trust my students not to peek. ;-) A cataloger friend thinks I should
> comb Connexion for old copy (i.e. pre-AACR2), so that the descriptive
> cataloging, at least, would need retrofitting according to what I've taught
> them.

On this point, I would suggest looking for uncataloged state or
government documents that exist as digital/digitized files freely
available on government/educational institution websites, e.g.

<http://www.utextension.utk.edu/publications/forestry/default.asp>

<http://www.cnr.uidaho.edu/extforest/Publications.htm>

Perhaps advise the students to pretend these exist solely as physical
print materials, be they pamphlets or whole books, though some of the
titles may exist in both formats or solely digital.  (If using Adobe
Acrobat for PDF files, employ the dimensions listed under File >>
Properties..., for instance.)

I bring up this option is because I'm working on a cataloging project
that involves original cataloging of forestry materials--and there's
quite a bit out there not yet cataloged.

--
Mark K. Ehlert           Minitex
Assistant Librarian      30 Wilson Library