Dear all,

The BRAC University Library, is trying to introduce MARC21 in their library. As the Integrated Library
Software Project Staff, we are facing some confusions regarding the MARC tags-
001 and 010
440 and 490.

My queries are :

1.What are the differences
between 001 or 010? Why are these used?

2.For series statement-which tag we'll use, either 440 or 490? Why? What are the differences
between these two tags?

Can someone please help?

Regards,
Zinat Ara