FWIW.  This may not relate to anything going on here.  Direct drive
turntables all have, sometimes substantial,rumble.  The difference
from a rim drive turntable is that the direct drive turntables, such
as the SP 15 rumble at such a low frequency as to be inaudible.  I do
know of situations where they used up all the headroom in direct
coupled amplifier, with just the rumble.  I believe the Thorens is a
belt drive table.  That's what made me think of this

Not knowing your equipment, I don't really know if something like
this could be going on here.  As I said, FWIW.

Bob Cham