Hello all!

We were Richard Hess' client and he transferred two of these Kodak Durol tapes for us. They were recorded in 1964 and had a lot of cupping and vinegar syndrome, but our tapes didn't have any shedding. Even though they are acetate they aren't translucent. We have an ampex atr-102 refurbished by ATR services and I had problems playing them back. The tape wouldn't stay on the head very well and the tape pack after playback was horrible,  but I've heard from Mike Spitz and Richard Hess that you can adjust the tension on the ATRs as well but I don't know enough about how to do it and therefore sent it to Richard. He was able to make copies for us on a Studer A-80.

Erik
Notre Dame Archives