Thanks George. We're fairly sure that silverfish entering the collection
have not been attracted by humidity as we have had consistent humidity and
temperature control for many years.

We are setting up a quarantine area and procedure to eliminate pests
entering with new accessions. However,  it appears that some have already
setup house in the archive.

Given the choice between silverfish and archives we think the silverfish
will find plenty of food elsewhere. Due to the lack of evidence of a large
population (less that 6 sightings in 10 years) we won't be rushing to apply
anything until we have done more research and setup more preventative
measures.

We will follow up on your comment re: Piperonyl Butoxide and Naptha, and
explore alternative means of application.

Marie