----- Original Message -----
From: "Marcos Sueiro Bal" <[log in to unmask]>
> Our friends (and ARSC NY chapter supporters/hosts) the ARChive of
> Contemporary Music have a nice feature today, May 7 2009, in the New
> York Times:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/c8js4o
>
> It includes a nice selection of covers and great audio samples. Do not
> miss the Singaporean Pocket Prayerer (my, um, christening)!

Hmm-m-m-m...?! Looks like all...or NEARLY alll...vinyl microgroove
"records"...?!
I am not ABSOLITELY sure that these non-shellac artifacts qualify as
"records"...?

I have often wondered if my half-vast shellac archive (c.55,060 78's) might
be
of interest to some print-medium operation...OTOH, would being written up
possibly attract thieves (very STRONG ones, I assume...?!)?! This I DON'T
need...?!

...stevenc