I was very sorry to hear of the passing of John. I met him at last
years conference at Stanford and he was very kind to sit and talk
with me for a bit even though I was, and am, new to this list. And
although there were many wonderful things that I learned at my first
conference, my time talking with John stands out in my mind as a high
point.

Steve Koto