From: "Lou Judson" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 8:14 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] external hard drive for a start for archiving audio
files

On May 27, 2009, at 3:09 PM, ADRIAN COSENTINI wrote:
> That's funny I've been using LaCie's for the past 8 years with no
> problems, as opposed to some others out there. Maybe it's because I  use a
> Mac., but even in a windows environment, the LaCies have been  rock solid.
>
> Adrian

� until they aren't. I bought four 80 gig Lacies once on sale and now
have three that work, that's 25% failure. The mere fact that they do
not specify the drive inside, and the warranty is so short,
disqualifies them for me. Plus I can't get the cases open even after
warranty expires!

Glad they work for you. Have any ever died on you yet? I have over 60
living Seagates, none dead (yet?). 2 WD, 50% dead. These are all IDE
drives.

And yes, Seagate put out a series of duds a year or so ago. I was
lucky, and two 1.5TB and two 1TB are fine.

Now moving on to SATA and the jury is still out!

and 100% Mac here.

<L>

Lou Judson � Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689