For a PBS documentary commemorating the 50th anniversary of the
Freedom Rides, I am seeking radio news coverage of the events, either
as they happened (May-July, 1961) or as part of "year-ender"
broadcasts.  Especially important are CBS Howard K Smith reports from
Birmingham AL on May 14-15 and other news reports on those days. Major
events of interest occurred in Alabama and Mississippi.
I would love to hear about any collections or collectors that could
make such audio available.
Thank you.

Lewanne Jones
Autonomedia
PO Box 568
Brooklyn, NY 11211
T: 718.387.6471  F: 718.963.2603 Cell: 347-249-0653
Visit our website and online bookstore at http://www.autonomedia.org